Best Pokemon Team, By Generation
Are you looking to build the best Pokemon team?
Well, you've come to the right place.
In this guide, we will cover the best Pokemon teams for each generation.
Table of Contents
- Generation 1: Kanto Region
- Charizard, Pikachu, Alakazam, Gyarados, Snorlax
- Generation 2: Johto Region
- Typhlosion, Ampharos, Espeon, Tyranitar, Scizor
- Generation 3: Hoenn Region
- Blaziken, Gardevoir, Salamence, Swampert, Breloom
- Generation 4: Sinnoh Region
- Infernape, Lucario, Garchomp, Torterra, Rotom
- Generation 5: Unova Region
- Serperior, Chandelure, Hydreigon, Zoroark, Excadrill
- Generation 6: Kalos Region
- Greninja, Talonflame, Aegislash, Sylveon, Tyrantrum
- Generation 7: Alola Region
- Decidueye, Incineroar, Tapu Koko, Vikavolt, Toxapex
- Generation 8: Galar Region
- Cinderace, Dragapult, Corviknight, Grimmsnarl, Toxtricity
- Why These Pokemon Make Great Teams
Generation 1: Kanto Region
Charizard, Pikachu, Alakazam, Gyarados, Snorlax
Charizard, Pikachu, Alakazam, Gyarados, and Snorlax, some of the most well-known Pokemon, were first introduced to us in the Kanto region.
- With its potent Flamethrower attack and Flying-type advantage over Fighting and Bug types, Charizard, a Fire/Flying type, is a force to be reckoned with.
- Pikachu, a Pokemon of the Electric type, is quick and agile, and his thunderbolt attack is potent enough to defeat even the most formidable foes.
- Alakazam, a Psychic, is a master of mind games and can outwit its foes with its incredible intelligence and skills like Psychic and Teleport. With a high Attack stat and a variety of powerful moves like Hydro Pump and Dragon Dance,
- Gyarados, a Water/Flying type, is a fierce opponent. Snorlax, a Typical sort, is a tank, with high HP and Protection details that make it almost difficult to bring down.
Generation 2: Johto Region
Typhlosion, Ampharos, Espeon, Tyranitar, Scizor
We first encountered Typhlosion, Ampharos, Espeon, Tyranitar, and Scizor in the Johto region.
- Typhlosion, a Fire type, is a strong Pokemon with a high Unique Assault detail and moves like Flamethrower and Magma Crest. With moves like Thunderbolt and Signal Beam and a high Special Attack stat,
- Ampharos, an Electric type, is a formidable opponent. With powerful moves like Psychic and Future Sight, Espeon, a psychic, is a mastermind. With moves like Crunch and Stone Edge and high Attack and Defense stats,
- Tyranitar, a Rock/Dark type, is a fierce opponent.
- The Bug/Steel type Scizor is a versatile Pokemon with moves like Bullet Punch and U-turn and a high Attack stat.
Generation 3: Hoenn Region
Blaziken, Gardevoir, Salamence, Swampert, Breloom
We met Blaziken, Gardevoir, Salamence, Swampert, and Breloom in the Hoenn region.
- A powerful Fire/Fighting Pokemon with moves like Blaze Kick and Sky Uppercut and high Attack and Special Attack stats is Blaziken. With moves like Moonblast and Psychic,
- Gardevoir, a Psychic/Fairy type, is a master of both physical and special attacks.
- Salamence, a Dragon/Flying type, is a terrifying foe with powerful moves like Dragon Claw and Fire Blast and high Attack and Special Attack stats.
- Swampert, a Water/Ground type, is a tank with Earthquake and Surf moves and high HP and Defense stats.
- Breloom is a versatile Pokemon of the grass/fighting type that can use its Seed Bomb and Focus Punch moves.
Generation 4: Sinnoh Region
Infernape, Lucario, Garchomp, Torterra, Rotom
We met Infernape, Lucario, Garchomp, Torterra, and Rotom in the Sinnoh region.
- With moves like Flare Blitz and Close Combat and high Speed and Attack stats, the Fire/Fighting type Infernape is a fierce opponent.
- Lucario is a versatile Fighting/Steel type Pokemon that has strong Attack and Special Attack stats and moves like Close Combat and Aura Sphere.
- Garchomp, a Mythical beast/Ground type, is an impressive rival, with high Assault and Speed details and moves like Winged serpent Paw and Tremor.
- Torterra, a grass/ground type, is a tank with moves like Earthquake and Wood Hammer and high Defense and Attack stats.
- Rotom is a one-of-a-kind Electric/Ghost type Pokemon that can use moves like Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball and possess appliances.
Generation 5: Unova Region
Serperior, Chandelure, Hydreigon, Zoroark, Excadrill
The Unova area presented some novel and strong Pokemon, including Serperior, Chandelure, Hydreigon, Zoroark, and Excadrill.
- Serperior is a difficult opponent due to its ability to increase its accuracy and evasion and its resistance to water and ground-type moves.
- Chandelure's ability to use a wide range of moves and its ghost and fire typing give it both offensive and defensive capabilities.
- Hydreigon's dark and dragon typing make it a great special sweeper, and its versatility comes from its ability to use a variety of moves. As a potent trickster,
- Zoroark is able to assume the appearance of another Pokemon thanks to its illusion ability. The ability to use rapid spin makes
- Excadrill a useful utility Pokemon, and its steel and ground typing give it excellent offensive abilities.
Generation 6: Kalos Region
Greninja, Talonflame, Aegislash, Sylveon, Tyrantrum
Greninja and Aegislash, two powerful Pokemon, were introduced in the Kalos region.
- Greninja is versatile due to its ability to use a wide range of moves and its unique combination of water and dark typing.
- The ability to use priority moves and the fire and flying typing of Talonflame give it an advantage in speed while also making it an excellent physical attacker.
- Aegislash is versatile due to its ability to switch between defensive and offensive stances and its steel and ghost typings, which make it an excellent defensive Pokemon.
- Sylveon's high special defense and fairy typing make it difficult to defeat. It is a potent special attacker.
- The rock and dragon typing that Tyrantrum uses gives it both offensive and defensive abilities.
Generation 7: Alola Region
Decidueye, Incineroar, Tapu Koko, Vikavolt, Toxapex
Some formidable Pokemon were introduced in Generation 7, including Decidueye, Incineroar, Tapu Koko, Vikavolt, and Toxapex.
- The unique combination of resistances provided by Decidueye's grass and ghost typing and its ability to use moves like Spirit Shackle and Leaf Blade make it a formidable opponent.
- The ability to use moves like Darkest Lariat and Flare Blitz makes Incineroar a deadly opponent in battle, and its fire and dark typing make it an excellent physical attacker.
- Tapu Koko is a potent special attacker thanks to its electric and fairy typing, and its prowess with Thunderbolt and Dazzling Gleam makes it difficult to defeat.
- Vikavolt's ability to use moves like Thunderbolt and Bug Buzz makes it deadly in battle, and its electric and bug typing give it both offensive and defensive capabilities.
- Toxapex is a formidable opponent thanks to its ability to use moves like Toxic and Scald, as well as its poison and water typing, which make it an excellent defensive Pokemon.
Generation 8: Galar Region
Cinderace, Dragapult, Corviknight, Grimmsnarl, Toxtricity
The swift Cinderace and the potent Toxtricity were two exciting new Pokemon introduced in the Galar region.
- Cinderace is a powerful physical attacker because of its fire and fighting typing, and its ability to use moves like Pyro Ball and High Jump Kick makes it unpredictable.
- Dragapult is a powerful special attacker due to its dragon and ghost typing, as well as its high speed and special defense, making it challenging to defeat.
- Corviknight is a unique defensive Pokemon because of its steel typing and flying, but it is also a powerful physical attacker thanks to its ability to use moves like Brave Bird.
- Due to its dark and fairy characteristics, Grimmsnarl is a versatile Pokemon that can perform both special and physical attacks.
- Toxtricity is a powerful special attacker thanks to its poison and electric typing, as well as its ability to use combat-effective moves like Boomburst and Overdrive.
Why These Pokemon Make Great Teams
Each Pokemon in the previous tables was chosen for their unique strengths and talents, making them excellent additions to any squad.
You may construct a well-rounded squad capable of tackling any challenge by combining Pokemon of various types and abilities.
Keep each Pokemon's skills and weaknesses in mind when creating your team so that you may maximise their potential while minimising their vulnerabilities.
These are some of the best Pokemon teams for each generation.
These teams will assist you in taking your battles to the next level, whether you are an expert trainer or a newbie.
So, what are you waiting for?
It's time to collect them all and create your dream Pokemon squad!